A CT scan, also known as computed tomography scan, makes use of computer-processed combinations of many X-ray measurements taken from different angles to produce cross-sectional (tomographic) images (virtual “slices”) of specific areas of a scanned object, allowing the user to see inside the object without cutting
T Scan Uses
Physicians may order CT scans to:
- Examine internal and bone injuries from vehicle accidents or other trauma
- Diagnose spinal problems and skeletal injuries
- Detect osteoporosis
- Detect many different types of cancers and determine the extent (spread) of the tumors
- Locate infections
- Look for injuries, stroke-causing clots, hemorrhaging, and other issues in the head
- Image the lungs to reveal blood clots in the lungs’ vessels, excess fluid, pneumonia, and chronic pulmonary obstructive disease (COPD)
- Determine the cause of chest or abdominal pain, difficulty breathing, and other symptoms
- Diagnose dangerous vascular diseases that can cause stroke, kidney failure, and death
Additionally, CT scans are used to assist with biopsies and other medical procedures, and help with treatment planning for organ transplants, gastric bypass, and cancer, among other things.
You’ve probably heard conflicting reports about cancer prevention. Sometimes the specific cancer-prevention tip recommended in one study or news report is advised against in another.
The snake is a viper (Vipera Lebetina). It can measure 1.3 – 1.8 metres and has a thick body with a large, wide, triangular head. The colouring is a dull grey/brownish grey.
In the Summer time many trees blossom thus creating high risks of Allergies being developed. Here are some common weed plants that trigger Summer Allergies.
Swimming is a great workout because you need to move your whole body against the resistance of the water. Swimming is a good all-round activity because …